Thread: IELTS Task 2

Hybrid View

looktor is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

IELTS Task 2

Task II
    You should spend 40 minutes on this topic.
    Education is very important. How can children who are disinterested in study be motivated to learn?
    Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
    Write at least 250 words.

The lack of children’s motivation to learn is a common concern in educational systems. Due to the fact that children inevitably have to follow the school systems timetable, planned curriculum, set assignments and so on, they may not be motivated to learn. There are a number of different factors to motivate children so they can actually enjoy their learning.

First of all, creating an interesting learning technique can make students feel happy and enthusiastic to study. Therefore, educational institutes should provide a variety of teaching styles and educational resources. For example, a game such as group quiz creates an atmosphere of having fun and unites pupils to work out together while they will not realise that they are learning.
    Another solution is outdoor activities that can appeal to children to enjoy their studying. This type of learning helps them to understand the subject simply and effectively. A day tour at the zoo, for example, can help young learners memorise the name of animals easier and make them want to learn more about wild life.
    Moreover, a reward is also an incentive factor that may stimulate children to be motivated in their learning. If they have receive any rewards from parents, guardians or teachers, they will have a greater effort to study. In this case, the reward should be given adequately; for example playing a video game for an hour on the weekend, going to the cinema or having a small party with their friends.

To summarise, applying a different learning technique and doing exciting activities complement each other to pursue children to be motivated and enjoy learning. Furthermore, a reasonable reward is also a part that inspires children to learn enthusiastically.

Could you please give me any feed back?

I am having a IELTS test next month in June.

Thank you so much.

mrks is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IELTS Task 2

I'm not exactly an expert but seeing that most of this kind of threads go unread, I'm willing to help to the best of my abilities.
    If you like you could check out my texts maybe you see something I myself would have missed.
    http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ed...proofread.html

?= proposal for an obviously wrong passage
    §=stilistic objection=not sure if a correction is appropriate

Children’s lack of [§] motivation to learn is a common concern for (§) the (?) educational system. Due to the fact that children inevitably have to follow (respect? = more fitting to the following points) the school systems (school systems might be synonymous to the educational system, this passage sounds just midly off and don't know if that warrants extensive and verbose fixing) timetable, planned curriculum, set assignments and so on, they may not be motivated to learn. There are a number of different methods to motivate children so they can actually enjoy their learning.

First of all, creating an interesting learning technique can make students feel happy and enthusiastic to study. Therefore, educational institutes [?, you're probably right though] should provide a variety of teaching styles and educational resources. For example, a game such as group quiz creates an enjoyable? atmosphere [of having fun] and unites pupils to work [del'd the out] together while they will not realise that they are learning.
    Another solution is outdoor activities that can appeal to children to enjoy their studying. This type of learning helps them to understand (not sure if the ing form would be approproate here) the subject simply and effectively. A day tour at the zoo, for example, can help young learners memorise the name of animals easier and make them want to learn more about wild life.
    Moreover, a reward is also an incentive factor that may stimulate children to be motivated in their learning [stilistic doubts]. If they are rewarded by parents, guardians or teachers, they will make a greater effort to study. In this case, the reward should be adequate; for example playing a video game for an hour on the weekend, going to the cinema or having a small party with their friends.

To summarise, applying a different learning technique and doing exciting activities complement each other to persuade?§ children to be motivated and enjoy learning. Furthermore, a reasonable reward is also a part that inspires children to learn enthusiastically.