DrCool is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Help; CELTA Application

Can anybody help please?

Iím applying the CELTA course and have to identify the errors in the below passage. Grammar is not my strong point and I would like your advice on identifying the errors below.

Thanks so much

You mustínt worry about me, the course is great and Iím happy with my accomodation. I think Iíll definately stay here until June. My teacherís names are Sue and John; they are very professional and the lessons are interesting. My landladyís got a beautiful dog, itís name is Ginger.

Dotty4 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help; CELTA Application

Quote Originally Posted by DrCool View Post
    Can anybody help please?

I’m applying the CELTA course and have to identify the errors in the below passage. Grammar is not my strong point and I would like your advice on identifying the errors below.

Thanks so much

You must’nt worry about me, the course is great and I’m happy with my accomodation. I think I’ll definately stay here until June. My teacher’s names are Sue and John; they are very professional and the lessons are interesting. My landlady’s got a beautiful dog, it’s name is Ginger.
    [Answers removed]
    Last edited by Tdol; 24-May-2009 at 15:55. Reason: When people post assignments and don't try, please don't give them the answers. Many thanks

jamiep is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Scotland
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrCool View Post
    You mustínt worry about me, the course is great and Iím happy with my accomodation. I think Iíll definately stay here until June. My teacherís names are Sue and John; they are very professional and the lessons are interesting. My landladyís got a beautiful dog, itís name is Ginger.
    The errors you are looking for are with the contractions, spelling of certain words, look at the possesive where we are told the names of the teachers. Also look at the clause where we learn the name of the dog.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

What you're asking for is the answers, which is not the idea of an assignment. We will help and discuss, but please do the work yourself as a starting point. If your students posted their homework up and got other people to answer them, would that be a very useful exercise for them or you? You cannot teach what you do not know so my advice I is to get to grips with grammar rather than hoping to absorb it via copy and paste.