• Post Thanks / Like

A mythical liqueur from Sicily

Please could you check if this text is correct?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Novella

May is the month of roses and for this reason it is also the month of the Ciuri ri Rosa, a traditional liqueur from Sicily. Its name derives from Latin, “ros solis”, which means sun dew. It was born between the seventeenth and the eighteenth century when people started to use sugar. It was addressed above all to women thanks to its delicate scents and the low alcoholic content (25%). It was served during important family parties. Until the end of the Fifties it was considered a good sign during weddings which usually took place at home. It was offered to the guests who went to the bride’s home to give her their gift and it was shown with the other gifts and the trousseau.
    After the boom of the Fifties it wasn’t used anymore, many women haven’t produced it at home anymore and weddings have started to take place at restaurants. Fortunately today customs and products of the past are being rediscovered, so many companies propose it again.
    I have decided to be a sommelier as I am very susceptible to perfumes which often evoke memories and moods. I really enjoy the very refined and delicate scents of this liqueur which reminded me of the wonderful opening scene of the Gattopardo skilfully interpreted by Luchino Visconti, the film taken from the book by Tommasi di Lampedusa, which shows a curtain moved by wind, it is the symbol of Sicily in the period when the rose liqueur was widespread. Undoubtedly this product is the expression of the refined culture of the people from Sicily, its strong and well-defined characteristics are bound to their great passionateness. But people from Sicily are also very delicate and elegant as this liqueur.
    The producer Angela Gaia, who has an exuberant and passionate temperament, proposed it with a very light “cassata” cake from Sicily during the Cooking X Wine event in Naples. Angela’s character is completely different from the Ciùri ri Rosa liqueur, it is more similar to her very good Marsala wine. In fact the factory, which is located in Trapani, an area where this wine has always been produced, also proposes two other liqueurs, the “Ciùri ri Gelsominu” (made from jasmine flowers) and the Ciùri ri Limiuni (made from lemon flowers). Here they cultivate local vines like “grillo”, “inzolfa”, “catarratto”, “nerello cappuccio”, “nerello mascalese” and “nero d’avola” which are used to produce very good wines.
    This liqueur can be paired with a rose petal and raspberry mousse. Serve it at 8°C-10°C.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: A mythical liqueur from Sicily

Quote Originally Posted by Novella View Post
    Please could you check if this text is correct?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Novella

May is the month of roses and for this reason it is also the month of the Ciuri ri Rosa, a traditional liqueur from Sicily. Its name derives from Latin, “ros solis”, which means sun dew. It was invented/developed/created during the 17th century, when sugar became freely available. between the seventeenth and the eighteenth century when people started to use sugar. It was addressed above all to women thanks to its delicate scents and the low alcoholic content (25%) and was usually served during important family parties. Until the end of the 1950s it was considered a good sign during weddings which usually took place at home, when it was offered to the guests who went to the bride’s home to give her their gift and it was displayed with the other gifts and the trousseau.

After the boom of the 1950s it wasn’t used any more since women no longer made it at home and wedding receptions were taking, many women haven’t produced it at home anymore and weddings have started to take place at restaurants. Now that customs and products of the past are being rediscovered, so many companies are offering it again.

I have decided to be a sommelier as I am very susceptible to perfumes which often evoke memories and moods. I really enjoy the very refined and delicate scents of this liqueur which reminded me of the wonderful opening scene of the Gattopardo skilfully interpreted by Luchino Visconti, the film taken from the book by Tommasi di Lampedusa, showings a curtain moved by wind. It is the symbol of Sicily in the period when the rose liqueur was widespread.

Undoubtedly this product is the expression of the refined culture of
    the people from Sicily, its strong and well-defined characteristics reflecting the nature of the people. But people from Sicily are also very delicate and elegant as is this liqueur.

During the Cooking X Wine event in Naples, the producer Angela Gaia, who has an exuberant and passionate temperament, proposed serving it with a very light “cassata” cake from Sicily . Angela’s character is completely different from the Ciùri ri Rosa liqueur. It is closer to her very good Marsala wine. In fact the factory, which is located in Trapani, an area where this wine has always been produced, also offers two other liqueurs, the “Ciùri ri Gelsominu” (made from jasmine flowers) and the Ciùri ri Limiuni (made from lemon flowers). Here they cultivate local vines like “grillo”, “inzolfa”, “catarratto”, “nerello cappuccio”, “nerello mascalese” and “nero d’avola” which are used to produce very good wines.

This liqueur can be paired with a rose petal and raspberry mousse. Serve it at 8°C-10°C.

You do not say why the use of sugar is so important, nor what the basis of the liqueur is.

• Post Thanks / Like

I am not the author of the text!
    Thank you for your precious help!

Novella

• Post Thanks / Like

So I find. I hope you are not plagiariasing?

• Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't know what you mean!

Can you explain?

Thank you!

• Post Thanks / Like

You asked for comment about a text in English. It turns out that you did not produce this text.

Using someone else's text for any reason is plagiarising - using another person's idea or a part of their work and pretending that it is your own. It is frowned on as infringement of copyright.

• Post Thanks / Like

I am not using the text for any reason, i have just translated it from italian.

• Post Thanks / Like

I will accept what you say,