Thread: complain letter

Adeeb Guest

Question complain letter

I want someone to give me suggestions if my letter has any problems:

[
    27 May 2009
    Dear Institute Manager,

Iím writing this letter to complain about your exemption rules of this institute; I have recently attended the English language exemption exam.

The problem is, when I passed the exam, the benefits of the exemption are not as I thought it should be, after getting the passing grade at the exam, I thought that I no longer have to attend the English language session, but instead, I still have to attend the course and be present at the institute normally even if it is the first period and have to stay until 2:30 even when the English session is at the last period of the day.
    What I thought should be done here was that I can on Thursdays attend the next class immediately after my English session, which starts at 11:00 a.m. and on Mondays I exit the institute at 1:00 p.m. as the English session starts by then, since I have my own car for transportation. What Mr. Yasser had to say about it is that I should be helping our English teacher at teaching the class.

I hope you find a solution to my problem here, and I thank you for taking your time reading about my problem and for your understanding.

Yours Faithfully,

Adeeb Al-Mosawi

]
    Last edited by Anglika; 27-May-2009 at 15:24.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: complain letter

Quote Originally Posted by Adeeb View Post
    I want someone to give me suggestions if my letter has any problems:

[
    27 May 2009
    Dear Institute Manager,

Iím writing this letter to complain about your exemption rules of this institute; I have recently attended the English language exemption exam.

The problem is, when I passed the exam, the benefits of the exemption are not as I thought it should be, after getting the passing grade at the exam, I thought that I no longer have to attend the English language session, but instead, I still have to attend the course and be present at the institute normally even if it is the first period and have to stay until 2:30 even when the English session is at the last period of the day.
    What I thought should be done here was that I can on Thursdays attend the next class immediately after my English session, which starts at 11:00 a.m. and on Mondays I exit the institute at 1:00 p.m. as the English session starts by then, since I have my own car for transportation. What Mr. Yasser had to say about it is that I should be helping our English teacher at teaching the class.

I hope you find a solution to my problem here, and I thank you for taking your time reading about my problem and for your understanding.

Yours Faithfully,

Adeeb Al-Mosawi

]
    Your letter's OK. I would leave out the sentence about what Mr Yasser said. It would be too easy for the Manager to simply agree with Mr Yasser. It doesn't help your case. If you have to mention Mr Yasser, simply say that he was unable to remedy the problem.
    If you are right about the exemption rules, they must exempt you. If they want you to help the teacher teach, they should make you a pay offer, which you should be allowed to decline.
    (Note, I'm assuming you've studied the rules and understand them).

konungursvia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: complain letter

Also, English abhors unnecessary repetition:

I hope you find a solution to my problem, and I thank you for taking the time to read about it.