• Thread starter VanTMV
  • Start date
  • Views : 77,321
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VanTMV

Dear,
Previously, one Canadian told me that bullshit is not a bad word, it means nonsense, but i have learning in a english center (called Cleverlearn), one of teacher there, he is form Canada also, said that bullshit is a bad word and it means shit of bull (sorry), i looked up in the oxford dictionary and it said nonsense, so which explaination is right and how to use this word, where can use this word
thank and regards :up:

twostep

VanTMV said:
Dear,
Previously, one Canadian told me that bullshit is not a bad word, it means nonsense, but i have learning in a english center (called Cleverlearn), one of teacher there, he is form Canada also, said that bullshit is a bad word and it means shit of bull (sorry), i looked up in the oxford dictionary and it said nonsense, so which explaination is right and how to use this word, where can use this word
thank and regards :up:

Yes - bull shit means just that - manure. It is also used in the abbreviated form - bs. It is not a very polite word to use in public. You may want to substitute "horse feathers" for it. Same meaning but less offensive.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
'Bullshit' is slang, but I wouldn't say it was very rude. For some reason, 'shit' is ruder. I'd avoid using it except in relaxed company, though. :)

twostep

tdol said:
'Bullshit' is slang, but I wouldn't say it was very rude. For some reason, 'shit' is ruder. I'd avoid using it except in relaxed company, though. :)

I can just picture you saying "bull shit" in a meeting. ;-) ;-) Try "rose fertilizer" instead. ;-) ;-) Product and product/producer should stay within relaxed company. A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses.;-)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In a meeting, people say that I'm talking bullshit. ;-)

V

VanTMV

twostep said:
I can just picture you saying "bull shit" in a meeting. ;-) ;-) Try "rose fertilizer" instead. ;-) ;-) Product and product/producer should stay within relaxed company. A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses.;-)

Dear twostep,
sorry for my bad English, I could not understand what you said by saying :A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses. Kindly explain for me.

By the way after I told my teacher about the use of bullshit (meaning nonsense), he laughed so much then sometimes uses that word with a freaky smile

Status
Not open for further replies.