Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to learn English well

learning English is easy job!

At first we should know learning of what part of language is our concern.
    In my opinion no body is able to learn all part of English language or even any other languages. For example some people graduated from English litreture courses after many years of studying. Can these people be able speak a perfect English in a medical seminar?

If we put enough time and effort we are able to learn some aspect of English language perfectly. So it is necessary to select the area of language we are interested on. If our goal is to speak English at daily regular life our learning approach should fit to this goal. For example through living among English spoken people. This oppertunity is not available for everyone. So as other alternative method we can wahch English movies or watch English TV programs.

If our goals is to read english books in our subjects we need another appraoch which fits to our goals; and so on.

So we should choose our concern of English language and then we should find the ways we can reach to our goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Alice,

Yes sure it is a possibility ..... if I had your email, I would contact you, bit I don't. So you can try to contact me or anyone else who likes to speak English, or you can post your own email address so others can contact you.
    Up to you

cheers ..Erwin

Post Thanks / Like

study of any subject will be easier if we use the rules of learning as they were explained in psychologic books.
    Daily continuation of study is necessary to improve our knowlege in English or any other subjects.
    So for better learning we should know these rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    Six months should be plenty of time. Get cracking!

How do you learn english in six months? any tips or resources you would recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1 View Post
    Dear K.Margaret,
    Thank you for your idea, too. I'm sorry to tell you that it isn't an English-speaking setting thus, I don't have any possibilities to meet a person who speaks English well. (Well, it isn't absolutely true because some of my friends can speak English so-so but it would be very funny if we used it.)
    On the other hand I missed the chance for "making friends" -16 years ago-that you hinted at since I'm married.
    Alice

i'm also desperate to better my english. your speaking skill may not be good, but your grammar is perfect! i wish my grammar was nearly as good as yours. do you mind share with me some tips to learning grammar and structuring sentences? what kind of resources did you use? I find myself constantly searching for the right words. to use..and i always use the same vocabulary that elementary students would use over and over...please help!

shirley Yi is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

As you are a chinese, I suggest the website below 普特英语听力 - 英语听力的天空. It is a good place for you to download or listening online according to your English proficiency. You can not only practice listening there, but also broaden your view. This website provides a variety of news, stories, articles for you to choose. You can also learn from other chinese people learning English. Hope this do help

l-u-c-i-f-e-r is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: How to learn English well

heyy frıend

ıf u wanna learn the best wqay for learnıng englısh u can try to lısten musıc maybe u wıll better then the other frıends for accent and u wıll know the best pronounce but ıf u wanna learn so formally speakıng and wrıtıng u should try to study wıth books for gramer cos ı m new student for englıs lesson ın my class and ı m new learnıng too but my teacher told me everytıme ıf u wanna have perfect pronounce u use musıc ... ıt wıll u help for learnıng pronounce and vocablary anyway ....

good luck / alex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mindymandy View Post
    i'm also desperate to better my english. your speaking skill may not be good, but your grammar is perfect! i wish my grammar was nearly as good as yours. do you mind share with me some tips to learning grammar and structuring sentences? what kind of resources did you use? I find myself constantly searching for the right words. to use..and i always use the same vocabulary that elementary students would use over and over...please help!
    One thing that might help is to surf on over to the "Editing and Writing Topics" and post some sample sentences for revision. You'll get lots of advice and get the hang of it in no time!

And while you are easily understandable, since you mentioned grammar and word use, I thought I'd suggest a few revisions. I would substitute "improve" for "better" in the first sentence, and add an "s" to the word "skill" in the second sentence. I would also revise the next two sentences to read, "I wish my grammar skills were as good as yours. Would you mind sharing some tips for learning grammar and sentence structure with me?"

You can always PM me if you want more advice...

tranvanhan is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I 'm a new one. i come from a country without speaking English. And I really love learning E. I 'm now a student. And I 'm very bad about Speaking. A very big problem. anyone can help me

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tranvanhan View Post
    Can anyone help me?
    Post a question in the Ask a Teacher forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast