Post Thanks / Like

Default can anybody correct my acadimic essay

hello there

i have to wite a comparsion seeay in the exam
    and i wrote the following, but is it good ?

Rome and Cairo

Many cities from Europe and Arabia deserve visiting because of the differences between them can make the tourist feels excited and more amazed if these cities have similarities . Rome and Cairo are cities that have many similarities and differences between each other. They can be similar in the type of the city, location and the income source, but also they can be different in language, religion, currency, and antiquities.

In the first, Rome is the capital city of Italy, and the word “Rome” refers to the Roman. It is located in central-western potion of the Italian Peninsula, on the Tiber River. It is one of the founding cities of Western Civilization. Also, Rome is a nation-wide center for higher education. Its first university, La Sapienza is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world. Moreover, the people there speak Latin which evolved during the middle Ages in Italian, and their religion is Roman Catholic. Another thing, the currency of Rome is euro. Also, we know that Rome is the city of fashion, industry and tourism that means these things are the income resources. For example, it exports many of its goods to other countries such as perfumes, bags, food and furniture. In addition, there are many antiquities in Rome such as the magnificent Colosseum which is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Caesar’s Forum and the Constantine’s Arch.

In the second, the capital city of Egypt is Cairo, it means the “Antisaint”, and usually it is translated into “the victorious”. It is located in the north of the country and surrounded by the Nile River, and it is the largest city in Africa. Also, Cairo is an ancient city that education has been published for a long time. As a result, it had the second oldest university which is AL-Azhar University. In addition, people there speak Arabic language and they are Muslims. Moreover, Geneih is the currency in Cairo and Egypt in general. Also, Cairo products many things such as cotton, orange and sugarcane. Another thing, Pyramids, kan AL-Kalili, and Cairo Tower are three of many antiquities in Cairo. Also, the tourism is the most income resource in Cairo.

In conclusion, Rome and Cairo are partner cities that can exchange things between them. Also, because they have different culture, they share many things between each other. I think that both deserve travelling to them, and know more about them

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: can anybody correct my acadimic essay

Hi... I'm not an english teacher but I'm acadamic student, translating textes, so I just proofread some sentences and I hope it will help you.

Rome and Cairo

Many cities from Europe and Arabia deserve visiting because of their toursist attraction, that make tourist excited and more amazed if these cities have similarities . Rome and Cairo are those of the cities that have many similarities and differences if compared to each other. Not only they are similar in the type of city, location, and the income source, but also different in language,religion,currency , and antiquities.

Firstly, Rome is the capital city of Italy, and the word “Rome” refers to the Roman. It is located in central-western potion of the Italian Peninsula, on the Tiber River. It is one of the founding cities of Western Civilization. Also, Rome is a nation-wide center for higher education. Its first university, La Sapienza is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world. Moreover, the people there speak Latin which evolved during the middle Ages in Italian, and their religion is Roman Catholic. While its currency is euro. It is known that Rome is the city of fashion, industry and tourism that means these things are the income resources. For example, it exports many of its goods to other countries such as perfumes, bags, food and furniture. In addition, there are many antiquities in Rome such as the magnificent Colosseum which is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Caesar’s Forum and the Constantine’s Arch.

Secondly, the capital city of Egypt is Cairo, it means the “Antisaint”, and usually it is translated into “the victorious”. It is located in the north of the country and surrounded by the Nile River, and it is the largest city in Africa. Also, Cairo is an ancient city that education has been published for a long time. As a result, it had the second oldest university which is AL-Azhar University. In addition, people there speak Arabic language and they are Muslims. Moreover, Geneih is the currency in Cairo and Egypt in general. Also, Cairo products many things such as cotton, orange and sugarcane. Another thing, Pyramids, kan AL-Kalili, and Cairo Tower are three of many antiquities in Cairo. Also, the tourism is the most income resource in Cairo.

In conclusion, Rome and Cairo are partner cities that they can chare many things as they have different culture .I think that both deserve travelling to gian more knowledge about their culture and tradition.
    Last edited by Ruba Saeed; 20-Jun-2009 at 07:40.