moawia is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default letter to my boss

im chief accountant for the Saudi co. in sudan i have hired since May 2009 when i came to Sudan I dont find any tasks because the company faced big proplems with shareholders, all dealing are holding my boss told they will going to take descion regarding my position but untill now nothing takpalce so i need to help me howto write amazing letter to my boss

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: letter to my boss

Quote Originally Posted by moawia View Post
    im chief accountant for the Saudi co. in sudan i have hired since May 2009 when i came to Sudan I dont find any tasks because the company faced big proplems with shareholders, all dealing are holding my boss told they will going to take descion regarding my position but untill now nothing takpalce so i need to help me howto write amazing letter to my boss
    Dear <your bosses name>,

I understood that a decision was going to be made regarding my employment. Could you please advise me whether you have considered this yet, and when I am likely to be informed.

Yours, Sincerely,

moawia is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

dear mr Raymott.

thanks so much but i need more words like to explain my position without duties will affect in my moral and my feeling going down

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moawia View Post
    dear mr Raymott.

thanks so much but i need more words like to explain my position without duties will affect in my moral and my feeling going down
    This would normally be assumed in English-speaking countries. If you write asking "Hey, when are you going to make a decision that affects my life?", which you are, then it's obviously something that affects you emotionally.
    It's called job insecurity.
    I'm afraid I don't know what is culturally appropriate for you to say.
    Perhaps add after the first sentence:
    "You will understand that the prospect of facing the future without this position is affecting my morale. I often sit at night in the darkness wondering what will become of me. I'm having dark thoughts of simply walking off into the desert ... etc."
    This would normally be considered emotional blackmail in my culture, and not looked upon kindly.
    As I say, you need to put this into your own words.
    Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how I would write:

Dear _______:

In the past few months, I have demonstrated to you and all the staff at the company how much I enjoy working and simply be a part of this amazing company. I understand that you have an important decision to make in terms of who to let go and who must be kept. Thus, I would like to recap what we've discussed in the interview regarding my qualifications. I have #yrs of experience in _________, and I have no doubt if given the opportunity, I would prove to you and the company that I'm competent to get the job done and definitely willing to go extra mile for the company. I enjoy what I do and grateful that I'm a part of this company, and in five years from now, I see myself contributing to and helping this company venture out into a limitless market.

Sincerely,