Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default correct the mistakes

    Please help me to check my answers about this exercise
    correct the mistakes:
    1 If man continues destroying ( A) the environment, his life will (C) be affected(D). ---> must
    2 I'd lost my front door key and I had to smash a window by a brick to get in
    -----> with
    3 There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
    ----> some
    4 When they (A) entered the room, they (B) found the dog (C) lying (D) motionlessly on the floor
    --->motionless
    5, ( A) the fire started (B) in the fifth floor of the hotel, then (C) spread to (D) adjacent floor
    ---> from

    thanks in advance
    Last edited by san2612; 17-Jun-2009 at 03:01.

  2. #2
    san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: correct the mistakes

    Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Please help me to check my answers about this exercise
    correct the mistakes:
    1 If man continues destroying ( A) the environment, his life will (C) be affected(D). ---> must
    2 I'd lost my front door key and I had to smash a window by a brick to get in
    -----> with
    3 There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
    ----> some
    4 When they (A) entered the room, they (B) found the dog (C) lying (D) motionlessly on the floor
    --->motionless

    thanks in advance
    please help me to check my answers about that exercise

  3. #3
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: correct the mistakes

    Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    please help me to check my answers about that exercise
    Which are your answers?

  4. #4
    san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: correct the mistakes

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Which are your answers?
    help me to check my answers about this exercises

    choose the underlined words which should be corrected, find and correct them

    1 If man continues destroying ( A) the environment, his life will (C) be affected(D). ---> must
    2 I'd lost my front door key and I had to smash a window by a brick to get in
    -----> with
    3 There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
    ----> some
    4 When they (A) entered the room, they (B) found the dog (C) lying (D) motionlessly on the floor
    --->motionless
    5, ( A) the fire started (B) in the fifth floor of the hotel, then (C) spread to (D) adjacent floor
    ---> from

    my answers are
    (1) (c) will---> must
    (2) by---> with
    (3) a ---> some
    (4) motionlessly---> motionless
    (5) in---> from

    I don't know whether my answers are true or not.

  5. #5
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: correct the mistakes

    Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    help me to check my answers about this exercises

    choose the underlined words which should be corrected, find and correct them

    1 If man continues destroying ( A) the environment, his life will (C) be affected(D). ---> must
    2 I'd lost my front door key and I had to smash a window by a brick to get in
    -----> with
    3 There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
    ----> some
    4 When they (A) entered the room, they (B) found the dog (C) lying (D) motionlessly on the floor
    --->motionless
    5, ( A) the fire started (B) in the fifth floor of the hotel, then (C) spread to (D) adjacent floor
    ---> from

    my answers are
    (1) (c) will---> must
    (2) by---> with
    (3) a ---> some
    (4) motionlessly---> motionless
    (5) in---> from

    I don't know whether my answers are true or not.
    1. Will or must are both ok.
    2. With.
    3. Some.
    4. Motionless.
    5. On.

Similar Threads

  1. Correct these mistakes, please
    By xpert in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-Jun-2009, 08:03
  2. [General] Correct the mistakes of these sentences
    By Undak in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-Mar-2009, 15:22
  3. David, I corrected
    By student2007 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2009, 08:55
  4. Correct mistakes in passage
    By Wai_Wai in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2008, 07:27
  5. Please help me to correct mistakes in my coposition
    By annechkaaa in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2007, 19:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •