- For Teachers
Would you be kind enough to tell me your opinion concerning the following sentences?
1. I like him all the more for his being straightforward.
2. A swim will not do any harm.
3. You will be none the worse for a swim.
4. He had to put up with it.
5. It won’t be easy to bring her round to our way of thinking.
6. She will always have it her own way.
7. I shall have to take your word for it.
8. You will be none the worse for a shave.
9. His cocksureness was intolerable.
10. It suddenly dawned on him that her vanity was stung.
11. We soon got up a game of tennis.
12. Mrs. Remsay was completely at Mr. Keloda’s mercy.
13. My heart sank when I learnt the news.
14. It dawned on me that the following day would be her birthday.
15. It finally dawned on us what must be done.
Thank you for your efforts.
Last edited by vil; 21-Jun-2009 at 10:00.