golbut is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Essay about my holiday

Hello, can anybody check for me my essay, please.

Two weeks ago I came back from holiday. I had gone to Turkey. The weather was great albeit I was imprisoned in the hotel for two days becouse of heavy rain. At the beggining I though that I could not abide staying at the hotel for two days. However when I started getting acquainted with other holidaymakers I totally forgot about the bad weather condition and all my negative attitude just gone.The gruop of my new friends agumented hour by hour. When somebody offered me a drink my answer was always affirmative. Eventually I ended up at different rooms each night.

In the last three days the weather forecast was absolutley wonderful. So my friends and me planned a trip to the local market in order to buy some souvenirs. When we reached our destination the most astonish think for me was that I had to bargain over the price about every product. Before arriving to the hotel we had eaten at a restaurant. I ordered helping of stawed vegetables, which tasted lovely, and lamb with bland taste.

At the airport each of us exchanged phone numbers with each other and now I am looking forward to seeing them again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Essay about my holiday

I will try to edit it for you.

"Two weeks ago I came back from a holiday vacation in Turkey. The weather was mostly good, albeit I was imprisoned in the hotel for two days because of heavy rain. In the beginning, I did not think I could stay at the hotel for two days. However, when I started getting acquainted with the other holiday vacationers I totally forgot about the bad weather conditions and started feeling better.The group of my new friends grew hour by hour. They were offering me drinks and I never refused.

In the last three days the weather forecast was absolutely wonderful, so my friends and I planned a trip to the local market in order to buy some souvenirs. When we reached our destination the most amazing thing for me was that I had to haggle over the price for every product. Before arriving to the hotel we ate at a restaurant. I ordered a serving of stewed vegetables, which tasted lovely, and lamb that was somewhat bland.

At the airport we each exchanged phone numbers and now I am looking forward to seeing them again"

This should be pretty close to correct. Also, I removed the line: "Eventually I ended up at different rooms each night." This is not really a correct/incorrect issue, but more of a cultural issue. In English, particularly after the discussion of alcohol, this could have a subtle, vulgar meaning. English can be very subtle about this, with sayings such as "sleeping together" or "staying in a person's room for the night". Since it does not add a lot to the general idea of the story, I removed it, but maybe someone else could give their input as to what they think about this sentence.