How to write a letter to a university *URGENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rianee

Member Type
Academic
Greetings everyone..

Can anyone help me out how to write a letter to a university? FYI, I'm applying a master degree course at Aberdeen. Regarding this, I need to write a letter to the university telling them about the date of my IELTS exam plus submitting the application form. I've tried to write but after I wrote the title, I'm lack of ideas. :-:)-?

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks..

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Greetings everyone..

Can anyone help me out how to write a letter to a university? FYI, I'm applying a master degree course at Aberdeen. Regarding this, I need to write a letter to the university telling them about the date of my IELTS exam plus submitting the application form. I've tried to write but after I wrote the title, I'm lack of ideas. :-:)-?

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks..

Write something and someone will help you edit it. You know more about yourself than we do.

Rianee

Member Type
Academic
Thanks sir..

Here it goes.. Please do correct me.. Sorry if my grammar is a bit poor:oops: Your help is highly appreciated :)

------------------
Dear Sir,
RE : SUBMITTING MASTER DEGREE'S APPLICATION FORM

I'm writing in to response your request to submit the Master Degree application form and enclosed few relevant documents for the process while waiting for my IELTS result.

For your information, I did take the IELTS exam last 25th May 2009. I got 6.0 in the exam but I need to seat another exam once again and will inform you the date through email as soon as possible.

I thank you for the opportunity to submit this application for your consideration. Should there be any questions and enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerly;
.....................​

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
thanks sir..
Dear sir,
re : submitting master degree's application form

i'm writing in to response your request to submit the master degree application form and enclose[strike]d[/strike] [strike]few[/strike] the relevant documents for the process while waiting for my ielts result.

[strike]for your information, [/strike] i [strike]did take[/strike] took the ielts exam [strike]last[/strike] on 25th may 2009. I got 6.0 in the exam but i need to [strike]seat[/strike] sit another exam once again and will inform you of the date through email as soon as possible.
you should say what this other exam is, and why you need to sit it again. i'm sure he'd be interested.

I thank you [strike]for the opportunity to submit this application [/strike]for your consideration. Should [strike]there be[/strike] you have any questions [strike]and enquiries[/strike], please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerly;
.....................​
r.
(Ignore the [lack of] capitals)

Rianee

Member Type
Academic
Thanks Raymott. Here I did include the reason why I have to sit for the exam again. Do correct me if there's a mistake. Thanks.

--------------------------------
Dear Sir,
RE : SUBMITTING MASTER DEGREE’S APPLICATION FORM

I’m writing in to response your request to submit the Master Degree’s application formand enclosed the relevant documents for the process while waiting for my IELTS result.

I took the IELTS exam on 25th May 2009. I got 6.0 in the exam so I have to sit another exam (IELTS) once again and will inform you of the date through email as soon as possible. This is because the Scholarship Unit under the Public Service Department only accept minimum result of IELTS is 6.5. I would be very glad if there’s an opportunity to take an English course in your university to upgrade my English Language.

I thank you for your consideration. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely;

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks Raymott. Here I did include the reason why I have to sit for the exam again. Do correct me if there's a mistake. Thanks.

--------------------------------
Dear Sir,
RE : SUBMITTING MASTER DEGREE’S APPLICATION FORM

I’m writing in [strike]to[/strike] response to your request to submit the Master Degree’s application form and enclose the relevant documents for the process while waiting for my IELTS result.

I took the IELTS exam on 25th May 2009. I got 6.0 in the exam so I have to sit another exam (IELTS) once again and will inform you of the date through email as soon as possible. This is because the Scholarship Unit under the Public Service Department only accept minimum result of IELTS is 6.5. I would be very glad if there’s an opportunity to take an English course in your university to upgrade my English Language.

I thank you for your consideration. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely;
Yes that's better. I've made a few minor corrections that I overlooked the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.