larrysz92 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile My Reflection Essay

Can someone please help me edit my reflection essay? Thank You Very Very Much! This reflection essay is based on my presentation on July 9th.

Four day ago, on Thursday 9th July, 2009 my partner Rachna and I gave a seminar at St. Josephs Secondary School and I wanted to take a minute to reflect my experience. My seminar topic was about examining the imagery that appeared in the play Hamlet.

A skill I developed was using technological equipment to present a presentation.Each group had to pick a topic that was in their interest to research online for information. The requirements started with presenting the information in front of the class informing the audience what imagery means and discuss using concrete examples from the play. This presentation gave me the opportunity to work with PowerPoint and Excel and then to present my information. I believe that in order to communicate effectively with the audience you have to have a well prepared presentation that will capture their attention so that you can present your ideas clearly.

A skill that I had trouble was to be able to work as a team. The imagery seminar was a great opportunity for me to develop my team work skills because we were put in to pairs to complete the seminar. Each member in the group had specific responsibilities to the team in order for the seminar to be successful. Being in the group to work on the seminar was a great experience for me because I was able to see where my strong and weak points are in group work. I found that it was easier for me to communicate my ideas with Rachna than to the whole class. A big part of group work is good communication between Rachna and I. Communication is also a big part of my learning experience because I will need to be able to get my ideas out by communicating well whether I am writing or speaking.

An improvement I would like to make for the near future is been able to talk in front of a crowd. I was always shy, and wished to be more outgoing, but it didn't ever really bother me that much. I was terrified of speaking in front of the class. The only way I could effectively give a presentation was to sit in a chair when I was in front of the class. I always feared of looking stupid in front of my fellow peers. I also feared of forgetting what I was going to say or that my mind will go blank, such that I will just stand there like an idiot, while everyone watches me. I fear that I will look so stupid in front of the whole class that they may laugh and make fun of me. What a terrible feeling! To top it off, when I get nervous, I always get flushed in the face, start to tremble, start to sweat a lot and who knows what else. Being humiliated like this destroys my ego and confidence.

Overall, I believe that this seminar has offered me the opportunity to become better working with others. I know that what I gain from this seminar will also help me in life because some of the skills and ideas that we have discussed about the play, I will carry on in my daily life which I will take in to consideration when I am making a choice for my self.

Thank you for your support and help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Reflection Essay

Can someone please help me?

Raymott is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larrysz92 View Post
    Can someone please help me?
    We try not to do assessable work here. When's it due?

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow :(

Raymott is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larrysz92 View Post
    Tomorrow :(
    Well, it sounds alright, if a bit of a suck-up. But they like that, so you should do OK.