Results for 'above'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: above
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Usually followed by a gerund rather than an infinitive
- Prepositions connect words together
- If a preposition isn't connecting words but modifying one word, as in many phrasal verbs, it can be called a Particle (or an Adverb)
Related Glossary Definitions:
Above the relegation zone
Definitions of Above:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'abov' as word stem):