Results for 'been'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: been
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Auxiliary Verb
- Copula Verb
- Auxiliary verbs are used to show tense, aspect and voice, as well as in forming questions and negatives
- Copula (also called copular or linking verbs) verbs connect the subject to the complement
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Past Participle
Definitions of Been:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'been' as word stem):
Prefix + 'been'