Results for 'born'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: born
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is used in Geordie (spoken in and around Newcastle, England)
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like WEAR/WORE/WORN
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Past Participle
Definitions of Born:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'born' as word stem):
Prefix + 'born'
aborn, baseborn, dearborn, earthborn, firstborn, freeborn, hagborn, highborn, inborn, lowborn, newborn, osborn, overborn, reborn, sanborn, stillborn, stubborn, suborn, trueborn, twinborn, unborn, wellborn,
'born' + Suffix
bornane, borne, borneo, borneol, borneols, bornite, bornites,