Results for 'brown'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: brown
- Colour / Color
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Name of an asteroid
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Inchoative Verb
- Inchoative verbs describe a change of state or appearance
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
Definitions of Brown:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'brown' as word stem):
'brown' + Suffix
browned, browner, brownest, brownie, brownier, brownies, browniest, browning, brownish, brownness, brownnose, brownnoser, brownout, brownouts, browns, brownstone, brownstones, browny,