Results for 'burn'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: burn
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Scots loan word
- Term used in golf
- Term used in botany
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Burn:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'burn' as word stem):
Prefix + 'burn'
afterburn, auburn, blackburn, heartburn, hepburn, muirburn, outburn, overburn, postburn, rayburn, sideburn, sunburn, tyburn, unburn, washburn, windburn,
'burn' + Suffix
burnable, burned, burner, burners, burnet, burnets, burnie, burnies, burning, burningly, burnings, burnish, burnishable, burnished, burnisher, burnishers, burnishes, burnishing, burnoose, burnooses, burnous, burnouse, burnoused, burnouses, burnout, burnouts, burns, burnt, burntly, burntness,