Results for 'chair'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: chair
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Tennis
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Concrete Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Chair:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'chair' as word stem):
Prefix + 'chair'
armchair, bedchair, cochair, highchair, pushchair, wheelchair,
'chair' + Suffix
chairborne, chairbound, chaired, chairing, chairladies, chairlady, chairman, chairmaned, chairmaning, chairmanned, chairmanning, chairmans, chairmanship, chairmanships, chairmen, chairperson, chairpersons, chairs, chairwoman, chairwomen,