Results for 'clean'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: clean
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- Term used in Jamaican English
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Clean sheet; Clean sweep; Clean tackle
Definitions of Clean:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'clean' as word stem):
Prefix + 'clean'
bioclean, damoclean, houseclean, hyperclean, mclean, overclean, periclean, preclean, reclean, sophoclean, superclean, unclean,
'clean' + Suffix
cleanable, cleaned, cleaner, cleaners, cleanest, cleaning, cleanlier, cleanliest, cleanlily, cleanliness, cleanlinesses, cleanly, cleanness, cleannesses, cleans, cleansable, cleanse, cleansed, cleanser, cleansers, cleanses, cleansing, cleanup, cleanups,