Results for 'common'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: common
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- This word is similar in both languages
- Sometimes seen with -ER and -EST for comparative and superlative forms
- Sometimes seen with MORE and MOST for comparative and superlative forms
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Common:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'common' as word stem):
Prefix + 'common'
discommon, overcommon, uncommon,
'common' + Suffix
commonable, commonage, commonalities, commonality, commonalties, commonalty, commoner, commoners, commonest, commonly, commonness, commonplace, commonplaceness, commonplaces, commons, commonsense, commonsensical, commonties, commonty, commonweal, commonweals, commonwealth, commonwealthes, commonwealths,