Results for 'continue'
- Length: 8 characters
- Syllables: 3
Results for word: continue
- Continually means 'repeatedly'
- Continuously means 'without stopping'
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is similar in both languages
- A verb describes an action or a state
- Examiners go for CONTINUALLY and CONTINUOUSLY because the meanings are so similar
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Continue:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'continu' as word stem):