Results for: Continue
- Length: 8 characters
- Syllables: 3
Results for word: Continue
- Continually means 'repeatedly'
- Continuously means 'without stopping'
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is similar in both languages
- A verb describes an action or a state
- Examiners go for CONTINUALLY and CONTINUOUSLY because the meanings are so similar
Related Glossary Definitions:
Similar Words (using 'continu' as word stem):
'continu' + Suffix
continua, continuable, continual, continuality, continually, continualness, continuance, continuances, continuando, continuant, continuation, continuations, continuative, continuatively, continuator, continuators, continue, continued, continuer, continuers, continues, continuing, continuingly, continuities, continuity, continuo, continuos, continuous, continuousities, continuousity, continuously, continuousness, continuum, continuums,