Results for 'dark'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: dark
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in the theatre
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Definitions of Dark:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'dark' as word stem):
'dark' + Suffix
darked, darken, darkened, darkener, darkeners, darkening, darkens, darker, darkest, darkey, darkeys, darkhair, darkhaired, darkie, darkies, darking, darkish, darkle, darkled, darkles, darklier, darkliest, darkling, darkly, darkness, darknesses, darkroom, darkrooms, darks, darksome, darky,