Results for 'dead'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: dead
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- Term used in the theatre
- Term used in cricket
- Term used in golf
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectival Noun
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Related Glossary Definitions:
Dead ball specialist; Dead ball
Definitions of Dead:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'dead' as word stem):