Results for 'effect'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: effect
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- SAT vocabulary item
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- A word that is frequently mis-spelled
- Examiners love it!!
Definitions of Effect:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'effect' as word stem):
'effect' + Suffix
effected, effecter, effecters, effectible, effecting, effective, effectively, effectiveness, effector, effectors, effects, effectual, effectuality, effectually, effectualness, effectualnesses, effectuate, effectuated, effectuates, effectuating, effectuation,