Results for 'example'
- Length: 7 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: example
- SUCH AS means 'for example'
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- Term used in rhetoric
- Countable Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- AS on its own isn't used with the meaning 'for example'
- In gap-filling exercises, if you're looking for one word meaning 'for example' use LIKE
Related Glossary Definitions:
Examples of Acronyms
Definitions of Example:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'exampl' as word stem):
'exampl' + Suffix
example, exampled, examples, exampling,