Results for 'fast'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: fast
- Make the verb by adding -EN
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Religious Vocab
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Definitions of Fast:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'fast' as word stem):
Prefix + 'fast'
bedfast, belfast, breakfast, colorfast, handfast, headfast, holdfast, makefast, outfast, overfast, prebreakfast, setfast, sitfast, steadfast, stedfast, sunfast, superfast,
'fast' + Suffix
fastback, fastbacks, fastball, fastballs, fasted, fasten, fastened, fastener, fasteners, fastening, fastenings, fastens, faster, fasters, fastest, fastidious, fastidiously, fastidiousness, fastidium, fastiduous, fastiduously, fastiduousness, fastiduousnesses, fastigiate, fastigiated, fastigium, fasting, fastings, fastness, fastnesses, fasts, fastuous,