Results for 'father'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: father
- Family Vocab
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Animate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Father:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'father' as word stem):
Prefix + 'father'
forefather, godfather, grandfather, housefather, stepfather,
'father' + Suffix
fathered, fatherhood, fatherhoods, fathering, fatherland, fatherlands, fatherless, fatherliness, fatherly, fathers,