Results for 'fight'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: fight
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like BUY/BOUGHT/BOUGHT
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Fight:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'fight' as word stem):
Prefix + 'fight'
bullfight, catfight, cockfight, dogfight, fistfight, gunfight, infight, outfight, prefight, prizefight, refight,
'fight' + Suffix
fighter, fighters, fighting, fightings, fights,