Results for 'find'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: find
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like FIND/FOUND/FOUND
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
Definitions of Find:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'find' as word stem):
Prefix + 'find'
faultfind, outfind, pathfind, refind,
'find' + Suffix
findable, finder, finders, finding, findings, finds,