Results for 'first'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: first
- Number vocab
- Time word
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Ordinal number
- Articles, Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers and Numbers can be used as Determiners
- Determiners restrict a noun, by making it specific, indicating ownership or number, etc
- Adjectives modify Nouns
Related Glossary Definitions:
First Conditional (1st Conditional); First half; First leg; First team; First touch; Regular first-team place
Definitions of First:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'first' as word stem):
Prefix + 'first'
'first' + Suffix
firstborn, firstfruits, firsthand, firstling, firstlings, firstly, firsts,