Results for 'five'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: five
- Number vocab
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in cricket
- Term used in basketball
- Term used in canoeing & kayaking
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Cardinal Number
- Articles, Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers and Numbers can be used as Determiners
- Determiners restrict a noun, by making it specific, indicating ownership or number, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Five a side
Definitions of Five:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'five' as word stem):
Prefix + 'five'
'five' + Suffix
fivefold, fivepins, fiver, fivers, fives, fivesided, fivesome,