Results for 'four'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: four
- Number vocab
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in cricket
- Term used in rowing
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Cardinal Number
- Articles, Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers and Numbers can be used as Determiners
- Determiners restrict a noun, by making it specific, indicating ownership or number, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Back four; Flat back four; Four four two; Fourth official; Top four finish
Definitions of Four:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'four' as word stem):
Prefix + 'four'
'four' + Suffix
fourchee, fourchette, fourchettes, fourflusher, fourflushers, fourfold, fourgon, fourgons, fourier, fourpenny, fourplex, fourposter, fourposters, fours, fourscore, foursided, foursome, foursomes, foursquare, fourteen, fourteenfold, fourteens, fourteenth, fourteenthes, fourteenthly, fourteenths, fourth, fourthes, fourthly, fourths,