Results for 'from'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: from
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Usually followed by a gerund rather than an infinitive
- Prepositions connect words together
- If a preposition isn't connecting words but modifying one word, as in many phrasal verbs, it can be called a Particle (or an Adverb)
- We can say DIFFERENT FROM, TO or THAN
- We talk of the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN things
- We use FROM after the verb DIFFER
Related Glossary Definitions:
Coming back from injury; From 12 yards
Definitions of From:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'from' as word stem):
Prefix + 'from'
'from' + Suffix
fromage, fromages, fromenties, fromenty,