Results for 'front'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: front
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in basketball
- Term used in water polo
- Term used in botany
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Go in front; In front; Park the bus (in front of the goal)
Definitions of Front:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'front' as word stem):
Prefix + 'front'
affront, battlefront, bowfront, breakfront, confront, forefront, oceanfront, refront, riverfront, seafront, shirtfront, storefront, upfront, waterfront, wavefront,
'front' + Suffix
frontad, frontage, frontager, frontages, frontal, frontalis, frontality, frontally, frontals, frontbencher, frontbenchers, fronted, fronter, frontes, frontier, frontiers, frontiersman, frontiersmen, fronting, frontispiece, frontispieces, frontless, frontlet, frontlets, fronto, frontogeneses, frontogenesis, frontogenetic, frontogenetically, frontolysis, fronton, frontons, frontoparietal, frontotemporal, frontrunner, frontrunners, fronts, frontward, frontwards,