Results for 'gave'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: gave
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Ditransitive Verb
- Inchoative verbs describe a change of state or appearance
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Past Simple
Definitions of Gave:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'gave' as word stem):
Prefix + 'gave'
agave, forgave, misgave, outgave, regave,
'gave' + Suffix
gavel, gaveled, gaveling, gavelkind, gavelled, gavelling, gavelock, gavelocks, gavels,