Results for 'grew'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: grew
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like KNOW/KNEW/KNOWN
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Past Simple
Definitions of Grew:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'grew' as word stem):
Prefix + 'grew'
misgrew, outgrew, overgrew, regrew, upgrew,
'grew' + Suffix
grewsome, grewsomer, grewsomest,