Results for 'grow'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: grow
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular verb- like KNOW/KNEW/KNOWN
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
Related Glossary Definitions:
Home grown players
Definitions of Grow:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'grow' as word stem):
Prefix + 'grow'
ingrow, misgrow, outgrow, overgrow, regrow, upgrow,
'grow' + Suffix
growable, grower, growers, growing, growingly, growl, growled, growler, growlers, growlier, growliest, growling, growlingly, growls, growly, grown, grownup, grownups, grows, growth, growthes, growths, growthy,