Results for 'half'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: half
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in skiing
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Noun with an irregular plural
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Bottom half of the table; Centre half; Changes at half time; First half; Half time; Half volley; Own half; Second half; Top half of the table; Wing half
Definitions of Half:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'half' as word stem):
Prefix + 'half'
'half' + Suffix
halfback, halfbacks, halfbeak, halfbeaks, halfhearted, halfheartedly, halfheartedness, halfheartednesses, halflife, halflives, halfness, halfnesses, halfpence, halfpennies, halfpenny, halfpennyworth, halftime, halftimes, halftone, halftones, halfway, halfwit, halfwits, halfwitted, halfwittedly, halfwittedness,