Results for 'heat'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: heat
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in baseball
- Term used in rowing
- Term used in speed skating
- Weather Vocab
- Term used in chemistry
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Uncountable Noun
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Heat:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'heat' as word stem):
Prefix + 'heat'
buckwheat, cheat, escheat, oilheat, outcheat, overheat, postheat, preheat, recheat, reheat, superheat, unheat, wheat, wholewheat,
'heat' + Suffix
heatable, heated, heatedly, heatedness, heater, heaters, heath, heathen, heathendom, heathenises, heathenish, heathenishly, heathenishness, heathenism, heathenizes, heathenness, heathenry, heathens, heather, heathered, heathers, heathery, heathes, heathier, heathiest, heathlike, heaths, heathy, heating, heatless, heatproof, heats, heatstroke, heatstrokes,