Results for 'high'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: high
- We make the verb by adding -EN to the noun, not the adjective.
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in linguistics
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
- Adjective- High, Noun- Height, Verb- Heighten
Definitions of High:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'high' as word stem):