Results for 'hold'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: hold
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A word or term used by the transportation industry
- Term used in water polo
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular Verb- Base Form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Hold:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'hold' as word stem):
Prefix + 'hold'
ahold, behold, cardhold, copyhold, debenturehold, foothold, freehold, handhold, household, inhold, landhold, leasehold, lienhold, nonfreehold, overhold, penhold, placehold, reinhold, roothold, shorthold, smallhold, stakehold, stockhold, stokehold, stranglehold, stronghold, subthreshold, threshold, titlehold, toehold, uphold, withhold,
'hold' + Suffix
holdable, holdall, holdalls, holdback, holdbacks, holden, holdens, holder, holders, holdership, holdfast, holdfasts, holding, holdings, holdout, holdouts, holdover, holdovers, holds, holdup, holdups,