Results for 'island'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: island
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- Term used in linguistics
- Term used in the sport darts
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- This word is similar in both languages
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Island:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'island' as word stem):
Prefix + 'island'
'island' + Suffix
islanded, islander, islanders, islanding, islands,