Results for 'lake'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: lake
- Concrete Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- We don't use THE in names of these
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Lake:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'lake' as word stem):
Prefix + 'lake'
blake, flake, slake, snowflake, splake,
'lake' + Suffix
laked, lakelike, lakeport, lakeports, laker, lakers, lakes, lakeside, lakesides,