Results for 'late'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: late
- Adverb of time
- Adverbs can modify Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, Pronouns and whole Sentences
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is a term in economics.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Late:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'late' as word stem):