Results for 'length'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: length
- A word that is frequently mis-spelled
- Abstract Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Weight or Measure
- We make the verb by adding -EN to the noun, not the adjective.
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in cricket
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjective- Long, Noun- Length, Verb- Lengthen
Definitions of Length:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'length' as word stem):
Prefix + 'length'
'length' + Suffix
lengthen, lengthened, lengthener, lengtheners, lengthening, lengthens, lengthes, lengthier, lengthiest, lengthily, lengthiness, lengthly, lengthman, lengthmen, lengths, lengthways, lengthwise, lengthy,