Results for 'letter'
- Length: 6 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: letter
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Term included in the UsingEnglish.com Glossary of English Terms
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Related Glossary Definitions:
Capital Letters; Letters
Definitions of Letter:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'letter' as word stem):
Prefix + 'letter'
formletter, newsletter, reletter, unletter,
'letter' + Suffix
lettered, letterer, letterers, letterhead, letterheads, lettering, letterings, letterman, lettermen, letterperfect, letterpress, letters, letterset,