Results for 'major'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 2
Results for word: major
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Majority of possession; Major Sentences
Definitions of Major:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'major' as word stem):
Prefix + 'major'
'major' + Suffix
majora, majoral, majorally, majordomo, majordomos, majored, majores, majoress, majorette, majoring, majorities, majority, majorly, majors,