Results for 'much'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: much
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- This word is similar in both languages
- Irregular Adjective
- Articles, Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers and Numbers can be used as Determiners
- Determiners restrict a noun, by making it specific, indicating ownership or number, etc
- MORE and LESS are used with all adjectives of three syllables or longer to make the comparative form
- MOST and LEAST are used with all adjectives of three syllables or longer to make the superlative form
- MORE and LESS are used with many adjectives of two syllables to make the comparative form
- MOST and LEAST are used with many adjectives of two syllables to make the superlative form
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Much = Singular Many = Plural
- You can use FAR before a comparative with the meaning 'much'
Definitions of Much:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'much' as word stem):
Prefix + 'much'
forasmuch, inasmuch, insomuch, overmuch,
'much' + Suffix
muchacho, muches, muchly, muchness, muchnesses,