Results for 'noun'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: noun
- Grammar term
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Term included in the UsingEnglish.com Glossary of English Terms
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in linguistics
Related Glossary Definitions:
Abstract Nouns; Adjectival Noun; Animate Nouns; Collective Nouns; Concrete Nouns; Count Nouns; Countable Nouns; Demonstrative Pronouns; Inanimate Nouns; Indefinite Pronoun; Interrogative Pronouns; Mass Nouns; Negative Pronouns; Noun as Adjective; Noun Phrases; Nouns; Personal Pronouns; Possessive Pronoun; Pronouns; Proper Nouns; Reciprocal Pronouns; Reflexive Pronouns; Relative Pronoun; Uncountable Noun
Definitions of Noun:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'noun' as word stem):
Prefix + 'noun'
'noun' + Suffix
nounal, nounally, nounless, nouns,